[txmt-dev] Re: Compiler Integration

Mon Oct 1 18:17:08 UTC 2012

On Sep 29, 2012, at 2:01 PM, Jacob Carlborg <doob at me.com> wrote:

> I haven't look at the TextMate source code thoroughly, I just had a quick glance. I see that there are a TMPlugInController that seems to handle loading plugins.

This is really just for loading the 1.x dialog plug-ins.

> Do TextMate have a proper plugin API or is it working just like in TM1, using method swizzling?

There are some internal APIs which multiple classes implement, e.g. we have multiple SCM drivers and data sources (for the file browser).

But they are not dynamically loaded. While TextMate is alpha, it’s best to actually build such things together with TextMate rather than commit to an API.

> I think we should design a plugin interface […] What do you guys think?

I think it would be easier to just add the support to TextMate and then factor it out into a plug-in when we know exactly what interaction is required.