[txmt-dev] About opening .csv files in alpha

Alain Belanger belanger58 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 21:11:45 UTC 2012

Hi everybody,

My .csv files (vocabulary cards in German and French) don't open in alpha without getting warning windows with the message:

Unknown Encoding
This file is not UTF-8 nor does it have any encoding information stored.

I click the button Continue with the suggested Encoding: Unicode-UTF8, but the window comes again. I need to open it with the encoding Western - Mac os Roman. With TextMate 1.5 the file dragged in the window opens without any problem of encoding.

Maybe the default encoding is only UTF-8 and it could be better to have other alternatives automatically.

Dragged in alpha, only the path of the file is shown.

Have a great one !

Alain