[SVN] How to distribute app to be used by multiple bundles?

Gerd Knops gerti-textmate at bitart.com
Thu Jan 12 18:05:09 UTC 2012

Hi All,

I wrote an Application that I intend to use with multiple bundles.

That application is basically a replacement for the HTML output window for those cases where the command is a long-running one (TM2 currently only allows one external process to feed into the window).

The app is being used for an upcoming Xcode4 bundle and allows to build and run multiple apps simultaneously. I also intend to add a run command for the perl bundle that uses this app, and it would be useful for any other commands that start long-running executables and want to monitor the output.

So the question is how to distribute such an app that eventually multiple bundles will depend upon.

I guess one option would be to place the app into a bundle itself. Downsides are:

- AFAIK there is no clean way of finding other bundles' support path
- There is no support for bundle dependencies

So the other option would be to leave it up to the user to install the app, and have commands using the app alert "you must install xx, available at this link" when the app can not be found.

Opinions? Options I am overlooking?

Thanks

Gerd