[txmt-dev] Re: .tm_tmp as project-specific semi-permanent directory?

Thu Aug 30 17:16:02 UTC 2012

On Aug 30, 2012, at 6:59 PM, Gerd Knops <gerti-textmate at bitart.com> wrote:

> My suggestion:
>
> 	${TM_PROJECT_DIRECTORY}/.tm_tmp/<bundleName>/
>
> Comments please?

How about ‘.textmate’ instead of ‘.tm_tmp’?

I’ve been seriously contemplating renaming .tm_properties to .textmate/config — the downside is that an entire folder needs to be created and more hassle editing the files (though that could be solved by TM), the upside is that everything related could go there, we could maybe do ‘.textmate/cache’ for things like a tm-ctags index, hmm… come to think of it, ‘.textmate/session’ for what’s presently in ‘~/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Session’ (allowing session info like open files to be “per project”).

Though it gets a little muddy with .textmate/config almost always belonging to SCM but the rest of the files not…