[SVN] Re: Align Source

Mads Hartmann Jensen Mads379 at gmail.com
Wed May 25 13:16:33 UTC 2011

Okay, so it turns out that by squeezing and trimming the text on the right
side (rstrip) before aligning the text I fixed two issues:

- No need to check if the captures is already aligned (so now it won't align
weirdly if you run it twice on lines where spaces were inserted after the
capture)
- Fixes the alignments where you might have removed a longer statement as
described by Allan

I actually implemented a solution to the first point before realizing that
squeezing the text would solve it as well so if we need it it's in the git
log.

So the question is, is it acceptable to squeeze and rstrip all text before
running alignment? I can't seem to find a case where you would want to
preserve the spaces you have already inserted.

/Mads