[SVN] Re: Align Source

Mads Hartmann Jensen Mads379 at gmail.com
Mon May 23 14:58:05 UTC 2011

Okay, so I finally handed in my BSc project and had some time to look at
this. It's not complete but it has come a bit farther :)

The pastie is here: http://pastie.textmate.org/1961439

Here's what the new code does that the old didn't.

- Declares a map from string -> regexp with candidate chars to match (comma,
}, =, <- ) for now.
- for each char, run through the text and if it is present in all non-empty
lines and not already aligned -> do alignment.

Here what it doesn't do yet:

- Doesn't align chunks of text, so in the following nothing gets aligned
 { a, b }
 { aa, bb }

  a = b
  aa = bb

- Only aligns the first occurrence of the chars (doesn't cycle through the
chars until no candidate chars that are in all lines are all matched)

I will definitely play around with this some more, but if you have any
feedback don't hesitate to write :)