[SVN] Re: Show tool-tip from Applescript

Mads Hartmann Jensen mads379 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 20:50:31 UTC 2010

My use case is this:

I execute an applescript which starts a server in a terminal tab - this server is
implemented in ruby and writes it's port number to file that the bundle can find.

A bunch of commands in this bundle communicates with this server to provide
things like code-completion, compilations (with errors), refactoring etc.

Before you can use the server you have to send it a setup file - I've created a
command that does this. When the server receives this message it has to
start the analyzer and a bunch of stuff before the user can use any of the
features so I wanted the server to invoke a tool-tip display in textmate
to notify the user when it's ready to co-operate :)

Now, the server doesn't have anything to do with Textmate so how can
I access the TextMate environment?

Any help is appreciated,
Mads