[SVN] Re: [Patches] TM::Executor additions

Martin Kühl martin.kuehl at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 12:34:08 UTC 2009

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 00:50, Luke Daley <ld at ldaley.com> wrote:

> On 26/03/2009, at 4:45 AM, Martin Kühl wrote:
>
>> • Passing the :input and :interactive_input options through to the
>> underlying TM::Process.run invokation.
>>  The Maude bundle uses this to script the maude interpreter from the
>> TextMate command, usually to wrap a command around the current
>> word/selection.
>> • Deactivating the interactive input library if the variable
>> TM_INTERACTIVE_INPUT_DISABLED is defined.
>>  Allan requested this on IRC.
>
> What was the reason for needing two ways to disable interactive input?

As I understand it, one way works on the command level, where it
doesn’t make sense for some commands to receive interactive input,
while the other works on the project (or global) level, where
unfortunate circumstances make the interactive input library behave
badly (this should, to quote Allan, "solve that/those python
problems").

If you mean that commands could set TM_INTERACTIVE_INPUT_DISABLED
instead of :interactive_input to disable it, I guess that’s more of a
stylistic question, but think that it should be consistent for
Executor.run and Process.run.

Does that answer your question?

Martin