[SVN] Re: r11736 (Support/lib)

Mon Aug 31 12:14:02 UTC 2009

I assume you got my note, but basically malloc() on SL calls read()
which we overload and our overload uses malloc().

Initially I tried to avoid the malloc() by using gcc’s ability to do
variable-sized stack allocations (as it was a strdup() causing the
problem), but that didn’t fix it, as there are more malloc()s (the int-
set stuff to track fds), so maybe we need a boolean to check for
recursion and skip our code when this is the case.

I wanted to coordinate with you before making major changes.