[SVN] Re: r10724 (Latex)

Jeroen van der Ham jeroen at dckd.nl
Mon Oct 27 12:57:35 UTC 2008

Alexander John Ross wrote:
> • call TextMate.require_cmd on “kpsewhich”.  This is because LaTeX uses a python script as the first arg to Executor, and Executor only checks that it can find that first executable on the PATH.  *This* should help users who don't have PATH set.
>
> Changed:
> U   trunk/Bundles/Latex.tmbundle/Commands/LaTeX and view.plist

While I do like the change, it doesn't work quite right:
The first time I started typeset and view, it gave me the error about
the PATH not being set. I let it fix it, and relaunched TM. Then it
works. The problem begins when I quit TextMate and launch it again, then
I'm again confronted with the same error. Fixing it and relaunching
works, but only until I quit TM again.
I've done this a couple of times now, which has resulted in three PATH
definitions in the TM preferences.

I'm currently also looking into improving TexMate itself, and I've
noticed that with this wrapper, TexMate no longer has a proper
environment. This means that for example it can't just run "find_app"
(from TM Support). Is there any way to fix that?

Jeroen.