[SVN] bundle size

Daniel Stockman daniel.stockman at gmail.com
Tue May 20 17:41:15 UTC 2008

>> The one advantage is that the livedocs are so horribly slow its
>> nice to have the docs local to your box. My current setup is nice,
>> any tag or method that is in CF and one keystroke gets you to the
>> help doc for that entry....

Yes, I do search a local copy of the docs more often than not.

> Maybe split the documentation from the bundle. Then when the user
> tries to use it without the documentation available, provide a
> manual or automatic (after confirmation) download process.
>
> Or have the documentation download be a separate function. Then use
> the local documentation if the user has downloaded it, and fall back
> to the online version.

That's a good idea, thanks for the suggestion!

I'm half tempted to put the function/tag reference on a strict diet;
with a pinch of automation it could be kept up to date and reasonably
sized. There is an awful lot in the docs that isn't directly relevant
to finding out what arguments you can pass to a particular function,
and in my view should not be in the bundle in any case.

Food for thought, though. I wish there were more hours in the day.

~ Daniel