[SVN] FAQ for newbies?

Peter Haza peter.haza at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 07:50:55 UTC 2008

Before you do anything, make sure the bundle doesn't already exist.[1],
[2]
If it doesn't, fire up the bundle editor (⌃⌥⌘B) and press the +
down to the left, select new bundle. Then you'll get a template to get
you started.

You can start by adding a language grammar[3], which is usually the
most complex part because it involves lots of regular expressions
It is also good to look at a simple language you know well that has
been implemented, and see how that is done

When that's working correctly, you can add snippets[4], commands[5]
and macros[6] to speed up working with the language.

Note that it's easier to start with snippets and commands, but if you
know mainly how they work, I prefer having the grammar in place before
I add the spice.

ph

[1] http://macromates.com/svn/Bundles/trunk/Bundles/
[2] http://macromates.com/svn/Bundles/trunk/Review/Bundles/