[SVN] Re: TextMate UI / IO / Process Problem.

Sun Jun 22 00:32:30 UTC 2008

On 21 Jun 2008, at 22:30, Alex Ross wrote:

>> [...]
>> Would I be right in thinking that there's a clash between Ruby's IO
>> module and the TextMate IO module caused when Process 'requires' the
>> latter? I'm not too familiar with the way Ruby's inheritance and mix-
>> in works.
>
> I think you probably are calling IO.popen?
>
> Try calling `::IO.popen` instead, and that should get around the name
> clash.

I think we have some library code which does not explictly use stuff
from global/root scope (i.e. the ::-prefix) which need changing.

I.e. all user code generally should not run into this problem, since
they won’t be in the TextMate module, but the code in the TextMate
module will run into the problem when the user code requires certain
TextMate submodules.