[SVN] Re: Licenses

Matt Foster matt.p.foster at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 12:33:51 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 12:41 AM, Luke Daley <ld at ldaley.com> wrote:

> On 25/07/2008, at 1:20 AM, Matt Foster wrote:
>
>> It looks like a really great idea, but at the moment it seems to me
>> that it's only really suitable for languages which use C-style block
>> comments.
>>
>> I'm wondering if there are any plans to extend this to other languages
>> (and plain text), and if there are, I'd be happy to lend a hand. I
>> think that something similar in generality to the hyperlink helper
>> bundle, only for license headers would be really handy.
>

> I started this a while ago. I more or less got it to the point where
> it did what I needed, then I moved on :S
>
> This would be a really good bundle to have IMO. So if you want to run
> with it, feel free. I'll still help out though.

Excellent, thanks.

The main things I think need to be added / addressed are:
1) How to inset the headers when the language doesn't define block
comments, or is plain text.
2) How to automatically insert the correct leading chars when the
language does define block comments.
I think I'm correct in saying that things like the leading * in C
style comments isn't defined anywhere, which might make things
difficult.
3) Adding more licenses -- this is trivial, I think.

I'll have a play when I get a chance, and see what I can come up with.

Cheers,

Matt

--
Matt Foster | http://my-mili.eu/matt