[SVN] Re: TextMate Erlang bundle

Alain O'Dea alain.odea at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 17:24:33 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 2:23 PM, Mietek Bąk <mietek at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm the author of the TextMate Erlang bundle.  I haven't been
> following closely the developments on textmate-dev during the past
> year, but I'm back now.
>
> First of all, I'd like to thank you for your submissions -- especially
> for fixing the parenthesized scope omission, and for pointing out the
> problem with tildes in strings.  I'm going to fix that soon.
>
> I'm writing concerning the modifications to the Erlang language
> grammar committed on 15/07/2007:
>
>    [SVN] r7740 (Erlang, OCaml, OCaml Experimental Completions, ...)
>    David Powers
>    Sun Jul 15 01:21:49 UTC 2007
>    cleanup OCaml experimental code completion and include backup binary
>    Changed:
>    U   trunk/Bundles/Erlang.tmbundle/Syntaxes/Erlang.plist
>
> Here's the diff:
> <http://pastie.textmate.org/229079>
>
> I'm unhappy with these changes and I intend to revert them, unless
> someone can offer a compelling contrargument in favor of them.  Here's
> my motivation -- module names were scoped
> "entity.name.type.class.module.erlang" in order to inherit the theming
> for classes -- since both modules and classes group functions into
> logical blocks.  Nobody themes "support.other.module.erlang".
> Moreover, if you're writing a new module, its name does not belong
> into "support".
>
> Regards,
> Mietek.

Hi Mietek,

I support reverting r7740 as it broke module name highlighting and
forced me to add it manually. r7740 looks like it was intended for
OCaml support and should have been committed to a different bundle.

Please review my Erlang Contextual Code Completion, Compile
Errors/Warnings Popup, and Open EShell patch when you get a chance. I
think it adds a very useful feature set to the bundle. I will gladly
implement any recommended cleanup changes.

Sincere thanks for your work in maintaining this excellent bundle,
Alain