[SVN] r8862 (Apache)

Thomas Aylott - subtleGradient textmate at subtleGradient.com
Wed Feb 13 20:29:41 UTC 2008

On Feb 13, 2008, at 2:03 PM, Allan Odgaard wrote:
> On 13 Feb 2008, at 19:43, Thomas Aylott - subtleGradient wrote:
>> I think this is one of the areas where git would be handy.
>> mercurial might handle this automatically too, not sure
>
> OTOH having one big repository for all bundles will not really work
> for git, which is something I think most users appreciate -- anyway,
> there are many pros and cons of each system, singling out a single
> advantage or disadvantage might not give a proper picture of these ;)

Yes, those pants do make your butt look big.
	Git always looks great in slacks!

I think Git and Mercurial are able to publish read-only commits to a
subversion repo.
	I'm not sure if you could do that from multiple Git repos to a single
subversion repo, but it would make sense if you could.

(Just for the record, I didn't mean to sound like a snide jerk :P)

—Thomas Aylott – subtleGradient—