[SVN] r8467 (ActionScript 3)

Allan Odgaard throw-away-2 at macromates.com
Sat Nov 17 22:55:26 UTC 2007

On 17 Nov 2007, at 23:23, Simon Gregory wrote:

> Adding script to launch fsch via the terminal.
> This is only possible with Leopards Terminal as apple have improved
> its scripting support. Until this command is tested further and I've
> worked out how to detect what system is running users need to
> explicitly request it by set the shell var
> TM_FLEX_TEST_LEOPARD_TERMINAL to anything.

We presently check the value of the ProductVersion key in /System/
Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion for a 10.4-prefix to detect “not
Leopard or better”.

So in a shell script that could be done using:

     OS=$(defaults read /System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion
ProductVersion)
     if [[ "$OS" != 10.4.* ]]
       then echo "Leopard or better"
       else echo "Tiger"
     fi

Although 10.4.0 likely has a ProductVersion value of just 10.4 -- but
not sure it is worth taking into account.