[SVN] ActionScript 3, 'build fcsh' requires iTerm

Simon Gregory simon at helvector.org
Tue May 29 09:08:21 UTC 2007

>> Any reason why iTerm is required for the build fcsh shell script?!

>I was thinking the same thing… at least it should be Terminal with
>an optional use of iTerm.
> [....]

>Simon, is there any need for the interactive features of the terminal
>when doing the build? Or could this run as a TM command?

As iTerm has better applescript support I'm afraid it is the only solution.
This is because Terminal can't target a specific window and virtually type
into it, and unfortunately when fsch has been started this is the only way
to interact with it. I know this is a hacked solution, and I'd love to be
able to launch an interactive deamon instance of fsch to interact with
and feed the results back to a TM html window but the functionality isn't
there. Using fsch in this way is worth it as it is so much faster than
launching mxmlc (the as3/flex compiler) directly, to the best of my
knowledge this is because it is caching the build in RAM.

If anyone has any suggestions on interacting with running processes
then I'm all ears as I'd love to see a more elegant solution.