[SVN] Actionscript3: CodeCompletion, etc…

Thomas Aylott (subtleGradient) oblivious at subtlegradient.com
Tue May 15 11:53:13 UTC 2007

Howdy.

I'm trying to phase out my personal AS3 bundle in favor of your guys
stuff.
	You've done some awesome awesome stuff! :D

I'm going to start bugging you about changes now though :(

Bracketed version of the language
	I need to have every nested group scoped out to be able to work at
peak efficiency.
	Is anyone else interested in having that option available?
		Should it be a separate wrapper language to make it optional?
		Or should it be in the main language and people can choose their
theme to either show it or hide it.
			This option would let us make some more precise assumptions for
some commands/snippets.

CodeCompletion
	Right now there seem to be 3 codecompletion commands in the core
actioscript3 bundle.
	Personally I hate having to choose, I'd like it to just pick the
best option depending on context.

	We could simply add a scope for any line that starts with import.
		Then combine both the import completion lists, separated with a --
line.
		Then that combined command would be the only choice on import rows.

	I LOVE what you've done with the function completion command!
		I'm so glad I added that feature to my codecompletion library ;) I
knew it'd come in handy

There are some other random things in the syntax that I'd like to see
improved.

Things that I can do:
	Adding a scope for lines that begin with import
	Combining the import completion commands
	Adding a bracketed version of the language
	Minor syntax tweaks/additions

I really don't want to step on anyones toes and I want to do things
that will improve this stuff for everyone.
	Anything that you guys don't want in here I can just have in my
personal bundle instead without crying ;)

	thomas Aylott — subtleGradient — CrazyEgg — sixteenColors