[SVN] r6788 (Subversion)

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Tue Mar 20 00:32:06 UTC 2007

On 20. Mar 2007, at 01:16, Kevin Ballard wrote:
> On Mar 19, 2007, at 8:13 PM, Allan Odgaard wrote:
>> On 20. Mar 2007, at 01:04, Kevin Ballard wrote:
>>> What if the user didn't realize he'd picked Revert?
>> That’s why the dialog says: Cancel / Revert -- not Cancel /
>> Continue :)
> Many people, apparently including you, are prone to hitting return
> really fast to dismiss dialogs. This is why return is suggested to
> be cancel for potentially destructive actions.

I hit return really fast, when I expect the dialog.

E.g. I delete something, a dialog appears, and I sort of know what it
is about.

But if I do Subversion → Diff or similar, and a dialog appears, I
would stop and read, cause the dialog was not expected.

Anyway, I really really hate dialogs with switched buttons, and the
better solution is definitely making the operation undoable, as Chris
suggested -- so how about we copy the file (we are about to revert)
to ~/.Trash or similar?

Two questions:

  1) what about reverting a folder, do we copy the full folder?
  2) how do you make it obvious to the user that he can undo what he
just did?

For #2 we could re-use the “info window” used with svn commit, so
it shows first the moving to trash, then the result of svn revert.