[SVN] Tagging Bundles

Thomas Aylott (subtleGradient) oblivious at subtlegradient.com
Wed Feb 21 20:03:00 UTC 2007

On Feb 21, 2007, at 2:21 PM, William D. Neumann wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Feb 2007, Thomas Aylott (subtleGradient) wrote:
>
>> Maybe "Interpreted Language" instead of scripting language.
>
> So where does that leave languages like Lisp or ML which can be
> interpreted or compiled (to either bytecode or native code)?  Hell,
> there are even interpreters for C and C++...
>
> Would that include languages where programs are *only* run via
> interpreter?  What about if they are converted to bytecode first?
>
> William D. Neumann

We're not creating a dictionary here.

The whole point of this tagging system is to allow people to easily
find things.

It doesn't matter if Applescript is really compiled code or not.
It only matters that people would never look for Applescript by going
to the Compiled Languages section. Never.

Also, if we tag things properly we'll take away a vital pastime of
programmers everywhere… arguing about the finer details of
programming language classification.

I'm going to go ahead and tag anything that runs on unix "star_trek
parents_basement" and anything that runs on windows as "empty_suit
useless_meetings". That would be entertaining to watch discover ;)
Even better than changing the icon.

thomas Aylott — subtleGradient — CrazyEgg — sixteenColors