[SVN] New info.plist keys for description etc.

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Wed Feb 14 03:01:44 UTC 2007

On Feb 13, 2007, at 9:45 PM, Thomas Aylott (subtleGradient) wrote:

> On Feb 13, 2007, at 4:56 PM, Allan Odgaard wrote:
>> I think a bundle should only have one maintainer. True in practice
>> we have bundles maintained by several people, but the main purpose
>> of this field is to list someone the user can contact about the
>> bundle. If there are two maintainers, listing both will just
>> “confuse” the user as to who he should write, and there is only a
>> 50% chance he will actually write the one responsible for the
>> thing he writes about.
>>
>> Comments on this one? We could always make it an array, so we at
>> least have the option, but lets keep the name of the key in
>> singular form.
>
> I'm kindof torn on this one.
> Like the prototype javascript bundle.
> I'm the maintainer of the syntaxes, but Harald Martin Ström is the
> snippet maintainer.
>
> I don't think there is an official maintainer for Javascript.
> Experimental is also not really maintained.
>
> Yeah, i think a single maintainer would work, if people fight about
> who want to handle all the support for the bundle, we can set the
> maintainer to Allan until they get over it. ;)

Would it perhaps make sense, if possible, to have aliases for those
addresses, and then emailing those aliases would result in the email
going to all people registered as maintainers? For example, emailing
"prototype-js-maintainer at macromates.com" would get this email sent to
both Thomas and Harald, and perhaps even archive it somewhere, and
even send an automatic reply to the user that his email has been
forwarded to the appropriate people? And add his request to a trac
system or something? And...

This way even if the maintainers change, the address stays the same.

Not sure how feasible this is though.

Haris