[SVN] r8606 (JavaScript MooTools)

Thomas Aylott - subtleGradient textmate at subtleGradient.com
Thu Dec 6 06:39:44 UTC 2007

On Dec 5, 2007, at 10:24 PM, Allan Odgaard wrote:
> On 5 Dec 2007, at 21:32, Thomas Aylott wrote:
>
>> New MooTools language for MooTools 1.2.
>> Kept the old language around as v1.x
>
> Is there a reason to keep the 1.1 around (other than potential
> problems with 1.2)?
>
> If not, 1.1 should be “patched” into 1.2 (i.e. so the svn diff/log
> reveals the exact changes made to turn the syntax into 1.2).
>
>> Changed:
>> A   trunk/Review/Bundles/JavaScript MooTools.tmbundle/Syntaxes/
>> MooTools 1_x.tmLanguage
>> U   trunk/Review/Bundles/JavaScript MooTools.tmbundle/Syntaxes/
>> MooTools.tmLanguage
>> U   trunk/Review/Bundles/JavaScript MooTools.tmbundle/info.plist

They are completely different languages. There is nothing in the new
one that was taken from the old one.
It really is a new language, not just an update to the old one.

The 1.1 version is really nice but incompatible with MooTools 1.2. It
also accomplishes things that I'm not really interested in carrying
forward, but since it's in use so much with current developers, it
would be best to still have available while migrating their old code
forward or just updating their old code.

—Thomas Aylott – subtleGradient—