[SVN] r8006 (Tasks)

Michael Sheets mummer at whitefalls.org
Mon Aug 20 03:47:53 UTC 2007

> A   trunk/Review/Bundles/Tasks.tmbundle/comments.mdown

Contents of the commit for reference:

Generally speaking the goal is to be as general with the scopes as
you can be at the beginning and get more specific as you go to the
right. Got a lot of comments here as this is one of those quite
unique bundles that can be difficult to scope. :)

- meta.header should be meta.separator, it's used in the release-
notes and elsewhere. So some themes already color it. Then you can
also get rid of the style as the TextMate bundle includes a default
for it.
- ⌘D is likely not the best shortcut for toggle, but I can't think
of a better one so. ;)
- Comment in the grammar looks out-of-date since links seem supported
now.
- markup.underline.link should be markup.underline.link.tasks
- punctuation.definition.separator should be
punctuation.definition.header, the third level here should describe
what it is defining.
- Seeing that source already has a rule for meta.toc-list being in
the symbol list both of those preferences are superfluous no?
- meta.leading-whitespace should use the new
punctuation.whitespace.list_item.leading.tasks
- punctuation.definition.bullet isn't defining the bullet it's
defining the start of a task, hense punctuation.definition.list_item
Has the benefit of sharing the same scopes as Markdown.
- Being that this is a basically a list of tasks the scope for the
items can share the scope Markdown and such use: markup.list. So
perhaps… markup.list.pending|completed.tasks
- Help command should not have a key equiv as per the [style guide]
[1]. Needs to have a scope.

[1]: http://macromates.com/wiki/Bundles/StyleGuide

Sounds like a lot but really isn't, I'm just a bitch for detail. ;) I
really like how this bundle shows off how you can take something
someone made a custom app for and make it just as good in Textmate
with just a little time and effort. :)