[SVN] r5635 (Python)

Kumar McMillan kumar.mcmillan at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 15:32:31 UTC 2006

is it more common or less common to create a method without an
argument?  For me it's more common without an argument which is why I
thought to leave it off in the original snippet.  Then you can tab in
to add an arg if you wish.  I'm curious what others think.

And also, why do we need a separate snippet for class methods? (i.e.
those that take self.)  Because of indentation we can detect that the
method is in a class, except for the edge case of closures.  But is
this edge case enough to warrant a whole new snippet?  For me it makes
more sense to use def for all and in the case of closures I just tab
out to get rid of the self arg.  Thoughts?

kumar