[SVN] tm_dialog Ruby wrapper?

Jacob Rus jrus at hcs.harvard.edu
Tue Oct 24 02:59:34 UTC 2006

thomas Aylott wrote:
> Has anyone done anything with tm_dialog and Ruby?
> I'll probly hack up something if nobody has already.
>
> thomas Aylott � subtleGradient � CrazyEgg

Given that it's only been around for 1-2 days, no one has done much of
anything with it yet.  I think the plan is to first create nibs with
dialogs like all of those in CocoaDialog, and then go through and
replace all the existing TM command dialogs with new tm_dialog based
ones.  If commands use the existing ruby CocoaDialog wrapper code, then
we can easily just replace the code in the wrapper, and all the existing
users come along for free.

Eventually it would be nice to create some wrapper libraries for python,
perl, bash, applescript as well.

To begin with though, we have to get some nibs made (for instance I'm
fixing the paste script to use tm_dialog), and see that the tm_dialog
actually works the way it's supposed to; over the next few days we'll
work all the kinks out, etc.

If you want to hack on ruby stuff with it, then go for it!

-Jacob