[SVN] r5546

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Sun Oct 22 18:12:33 UTC 2006

On 22. Oct 2006, at 04:10, thomas Aylott wrote:

> On Oct 21, 2006, at 9:02 AM, Allan Odgaard wrote:
>> The idea is that TM commands can then just create a nib for their
>> UI and use tm_dialog to have the nib shown, and get back the
>> “result” from this nib, w/o having to do compile things etc. A
>> suite of standard dialogs is planned which could replace the need
>> for CocoaDialog.
>
> Awesome!
> I was totally going to request this like a month ago, but i figured
> it didn't have a shot.
> This is going to so totally rock (whenever i figure out how to use
> it).

It should be in a working state now, i.e. with the initial
capabilities we find necessary.

So, you need to compile this yourself, open the tmproj file, then
press ⌘B, that should build the plug-in (relaunch TM to activate it,
it should place it at the install location as part of building) --
then build tm_dialog by switching to that file, and do ⌃R at the top
build line (the one with g++ …).

Okay, that takes care of building… now you need to create a nib,
probably simplest to just copy Example -- basically you call
tm_dialog with the path to this nib and from stdin you give a plist
for the “parameters” (you don’t have to, it’s just the default
values).

In IB you bind the values of the controls to the parameters
NSObjectController, and you get back that when you dismiss the
dialog… gah… I am going to make a screencast for this, because IB
really needs a visual guide…

Though you can play with it using the command from one of the latest
commit messages, and if you add -m to tm_dialog you can call it from
a “blocking” TM command.