[SVN] r5386 (R)

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Mon Oct 9 15:52:03 UTC 2006

On Oct 9, 2006, at 11:30 AM, hadley wickham wrote:

>> > chopping or cutting (hence the name in R)
>>
>> Are those  standard statistics terms? In that case,
>
> Not really - however, aggregating is, but with a different meaning.

Agreed. How about something like "Collapse Into Groups"?  Or perhaps
"Group Into Categories"? Or "Group According to Cuts"?

>> Well, "lines" creates a sequence of joined line segments. I would
>> call that a polygonal line (not a polygon, which would be a closed
>> such line).
>
> Hmmm, ok.  What's wrong with just calling it lines?

Nothing I guess, I'll change it. For me, lines would refer to just a
bunch of disjoint lines, but I guess this would never be used anyway
in this context, so "Lines" should be clear enough.
Perhaps "Line Segments" might be more accurate.

> Hadley

Haris