[SVN] r5386 (R)

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Sat Oct 7 03:01:48 UTC 2006

On Oct 6, 2006, at 10:16 PM, hadley wickham wrote:
> A few errors:
>
> * Sequence (from,to,by).tmSnippet should use seq not sec

Fixed.

> A couple of other comments:
>
> * attach and detach aren't very good programming style

Really? Why is that? In all the books I've seen so far, it's one of
the first things I was told when talking about data frames. Is there
a more convenient way of dealing with data frames?

> * aggregate data isn't a very good name for turning a continuous into
> a categorical variable

I'm open to suggestions. Frankly the only reason I used it is that
this is what SPSS calls it, if I recall correctly. Actually, now that
I remember, I used it because that's also the word I found in
Verzani's "Simple R" notes, which I am going through at the moment.

> * the cumm snippet should probably be cum, so you can do cumsum and
> cumprod as well (not that it saves you much typing)

As you can see, I am new to R, didn't even know about cumsum and
cumplot. Just adding functions as I encounter them. So keep your
corrections/additions/comments coming.

> An interesting idea though!
>
> Hadley

Haris