[SVN] RFC: async window support for tm_dialog

Chris Thomas chris at cjack.com
Wed Nov 29 03:27:15 UTC 2006

On Nov 28, 2006, at 7:37 PM, Jacob Rus wrote:

>> � There's a possibility that windows not attached to a process
>> could be orphaned, which would require users to kill the window on
>> the command line (if the window doesn't have a close box).
>
> Hmm, there's no way to remedy this?  It seems like the window could
> do some error checking itself to avoid this case.

I didn't mean to forget about this question, sorry. To be clear, the
problem I'm thinking of is that the script controlling the window has
failed in some way, and the author has forgotten to make sure the
window is closed on failure. A fully debugged script should catch this
case and close the window on exceptions. Many scripts are not fully
debugged. :) There is also the possibility of the script being
terminated via kill.

This probably won't be an issue for most people, because most scripts
will likely use wrapper code in TM_SUPPORT that will take care of
closing the window as needed.

Chris