[SVN] r6079 (Ruby)

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Sun Nov 12 15:25:05 UTC 2006

On 12. Nov 2006, at 15:28, thomas Aylott wrote:

>>> From Infininight
>>> http://pastie.textmate.org/22353 don't think your recent commit
>>> can possibly work; too many conditions that can cause it to miss
>>> the end condition
>>
>> http://pastie.textmate.org/22376
>> If you write bad code in there, it'll look ugly, but at least it
>> agrees with irb in how it functions.
>> .
>
> Ok, but how should we handle this sort of thing?
> "#{ whatever }" really should include all of ruby.
> But if you just type the first of a matching pair like a string,
> everything to the end of the document will look screwed up until
> you add the matching character. CSS has that same problem.
>
> How do we make it scope everything without looking horrible while
> in the middle of typing stuff?

I don’t see any solution to this, because if the user stops typing
(the thing he was in the middle of), saves, reboots, and comes back
to it a few days later, it should color the rest of his document as
inside the partial thing he was typing.

As for CSS though, we should probably let the begin/end rules also
end on (?=</style\b) or similar, so to only show the stuff inside