[SVN] r3734 (HTML)

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Tue Jun 20 23:01:25 UTC 2006

On 20/6/2006, at 6:08, Benoit Gagnon wrote:

> On Jun 19, 2006, at 10:06 PM, Allan Odgaard wrote:
>> • for good measure, also “eat” the initial php after <? when it’s
>> not strictly lowercased
> In the same vein, I noticed the scope of the character immediately
> following the closing ?> is still "source.php" if that character is
> a newline. Is this the intended behavior ?

Yes -- it is done for stylistic purposes, so if you set a background
color for source.embedded it will extend to the left/right margin on
the first/last line of the <?php … ?> code.

> I found that while trying to insert a <br /> using shift+return
> after closing a php block. Instead, I got the \n from the PHP bundle.

We could use other scope names -- technically we really should only
make the _content_ of the <?php … ?> stuff be source.embedded.php
(exactly for the reason of smart context specific behavior) -- the
same of course applies to <style>, <script>, and other embedding --
then instead use a meta.* scope to address the entire thing, which we
could use for the background color styling.

But a lot of languages (and themes) would have to be changed for this.