[SVN] Regular Expression Language Grammar

thomas Aylott oblivious at subtlegradient.com
Thu Jun 15 14:02:07 UTC 2006

On Jun 14, 2006, at 5:08 PM, Gerd Knops wrote:

> to make it easier to 'parse' complex regular expressions, I am in
> the process of designing a Regular Expression Language Grammar.

oooh, yeah!
i really wanted to do that, but don't have the time. I'm glad that
someone is doing it.
I really think it would make sense to be able to have a single regex
syntax imported instead of every language that uses them have their
own rules.
Ruby seems to have a better implementation that most, but i haven't
really looked hard.

Brilliance Black (now out of beta and in the official themes folder
in the repo and included with the latest release of TM) fully
supports all of Ruby's regex related scopes (including nested groups
and such).

For regex especially, i find it very nice to have each successively
nested group have a slightly more brilliant bg color. Allows us right
brained developers to much more easily visually parse that carp.

I have plans for css, too.

thomas Aylott
subtleGradient