[SVN] r4123 (Subversion)

Chris Thomas chris at cjack.com
Tue Jul 11 16:39:19 UTC 2006

On Jul 11, 2006, at 12:23 PM, Chris Thomas wrote:

> On Jul 11, 2006, at 12:14 PM, Allan Odgaard wrote:
>
>> On 11/7/2006, at 15:57, Chris Thomas wrote:
>>
>>> • Structure JS code to distinguish between errors and output.
>>> Doesn't help, because the error stream seems to go to /dev/null
>>> if the error and output streams aren't combined. I must be
>>> missing something.
>>
>> Standard error is readable as errorString (as opposed to
>> outputString) when using the synchronous version of TextMate.system
>> ().
>
> Right, but it doesn't seem to work in this case. Comment out the
> "2>&1" in the svn_add function, you get no error output at all.

More precisely: create a situation in which svn add will return an
error for one of the status items. In the displayTail function, if
you comment out the statement beginning "document.getElementById..."
and uncomment the rest of the code, and then uncomment the lines in
SVNCommand concerning errorString, you'll get both an error box and
an info box with the error text.

Then comment out the '+ 2>&1' in the svn_add function, and you should
get just an error box, but, instead, there's no output at all.

Chris