[SVN] r3649 (Subversion)

Benoit Gagnon b.gagnon at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 19:14:16 UTC 2006

On 6/13/06, Chris Thomas <chris at cjack.com> wrote:
> • Rename 'Blame' to 'Annotate' (for consistency with CVS).

Uh ? Why should we be consistent with CVS here ? I think naming the
bundle commands based on the actual SVN command makes much more sense.

I was puzzled the other day looking for "blame" in the bundle. The
official name of the command is called "blame" and the subversion book
doesn't even mention the other aliases. You do get to see them as
alternates if you type "svn blame" though:

blame (praise, annotate, ann): Output the content of specified files [...].

I've never used CVS and it's somewhat confusing to have a different
name for "svn blame" juste because it happens to be in TextMate where
it coexists with CVS.

I vote for a revert on this one :)