[SVN] r2610 (Objective-C)

Chris Thomas chris at cjack.com
Fri Jan 27 15:51:26 UTC 2006

On Jan 27, 2006, at 9:16 AM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> Since I don't see their style guide anywhere, there are 3 potential
> sources for extraction:
>
>  * /Developer/Documentation
>  * /Developer/Examples
>  * The WebKit style guide [1]

Yes, I buy that. I'll make the two changes below.

> No space after the * when used to indicate that the variable is a
> pointer, e.g.:
>    NSSomeType *someType;

OK, will do. What I'd ultimately really like to see is a optional
final tab stop between "NSSomeType *" and the variable. An older
Apple coding standard requires alignment of declared variable names:

NSObject *                   object;
NSWidgetOfUnknownOrigin *    widget;
NSShadow *                   shadow;

But probably people following the example code would be annoyed by
it, so until there's some way to conditionalize the inclusion of tab
stops based on a preference setting, I'll let it be.

> And no space after the return type or argument type in methods, e.g.:
>    - (id)method:(id)arg1 withArgument:(id)arg2;

Yup, that's more consistent with the Cocoa headers.

Chris