[SVN] AppleScript Bundle

Simon Dorfman emaillists at simondorfman.com
Sun Jan 15 08:04:30 UTC 2006

Hello,
I'd like to start an AppleScript bundle.  Is there some sort of guide on how
to create a bundle?  I tried looking at the existing bundles, but I'm still
lost.  I compiled some notes about applescript which I'll paste below in
case I never get back to working on this and someone else wants to take it
on.

Simon

files ending with .applescript should automatically be assigned this
AppleScript colorization bundle

comments- italics, grey:
-- this is a comment
(*
this is also
a comment
*)

applescript language keywords- bold, blue:
after, does, get, my, second, to, and, eighth, given, ninth, set,
transaction, as, else, global, not, seventh, true, back, end, if, of, sixth,
try, before, equal, ignoring, on, some, until, beginning, equals, in, or,
tell, where, behind, error, into, prop, tenth, while, but, every, is,
property, that, whose, by, exit, it, put, the, with, considering, false,
its, ref, then, without, contain, fifth, last, reference, third, contains,
first, local, repeat, through, continue, fourth, me, return, thru, copy,
from, middle, returning, timeout, div, front, mod, script, times
(found this list of words here:
http://developer.apple.com/technotes/tn2002/tn2106.html under "Reserved
words in AppleScript 1 are")

all other text is normal black

once i figure out how to differentiate variables, make them green

there are a bunch of words that should be normal blue, i'm not sure where to
find that list of words.  here are a few from looking at scripts in Script
Editor:
application, count, windows, visible, true
hmmm, maybe not all of the applescript language keywords listed above are
bold, for example: "true"