[SVN] Bundle information cleanup?

Duane Johnson duane.johnson at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 04:24:46 UTC 2006

On Feb 26, 2006, at 9:19 PM, Paul Bissex wrote:

> In trying to point someone to information about bundles I noticed
> it's a little messy. In particular we have these two pages:
>
>   http://macromates.com/wiki/Main/Bundles
>   http://macromates.com/wiki/Bundles/WhoDoesWhat
>
> which have a great deal of outdated information and overlap.
> There's also information in the bundle comments and in the README
> file at the root of the repository.
>
> I consistently get "This post has been blocked by the
> administrator" when I try to edit the wiki pages (I imagine it's
> related to anti-wikispam measures), and if I'm not the only one
> maybe this is one reason the pages get out of date.
>
> What do you all think about creating a single bundle info page that
> for each bundle lists status (requested, in progress, in repo, in
> default set), responsible parties, and notes? Nothing elaborate,
> just a rationalizing of what we already have.

Sounds like a great idea to me.  I know TextMate plays a big role in
the Rails community, but there's really been no information available
on who is doing things in the arena, or how to get new things added
(or if they've already been added and why).  Certainly some
organization in this area would be appreciated by others as well.

Duane Johnson
(canadaduane)
http://blog.inquirylabs.com/