[SVN] r2712 (SQL)

Brad Miller bonelake at mac.com
Sun Feb 19 12:44:58 UTC 2006

On Feb 19, 2006, at 4:04 AM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On 19/2/2006, at 0:51, Brad Miller wrote:
>
>> [...] Mysql < 5.0 will be more problematic to support since it
>> does not support the information_schema view [...]
>
> Problematic as in, little code re-use?
>
> I have a `mysqlshow` command from MySQL 4 which allows me to query
> the database.

Right,  mysql-4 will require different queries.  I think the mysql
driver will work for either 4 or 5.

I haven't spent much time on it but my googling for the tables
containing catalog information in mysql keep pointing me to 5.  So if
you happen to know the names of the system catalog tables that would
help!

Brad