[SVN] SQL schema browser

Brad Miller bonelake at mac.com
Fri Feb 17 12:58:40 UTC 2006

On Feb 16, 2006, at 10:41 PM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On 17/2/2006, at 1:08, Brad Miller wrote:
>
>> Since I'm always forgetting the names of the tables and their
>> columns, I thought I would put together a nice schema browser for
>> the SQL bundle [...]
>
> Sound very cool! Looking forward to ditching CocoaMySQL :)
Yeah, except that I'm a Postgresql guy at the moment.   :-)  I do
have mysql running though and I don't think it will be hard at all to
provide MySQL support for the browser.

> What I do is add “<div id="debug"></div>” to the HTML part, and
> then put lines like the following in my script, to see how far it
> gets:
>
>    document.getElementById("debug").innerText = "«line number»";
>
> As for your problem though, I think it is only, that
> tableBrowser.py is not found. You will have to specify the absolute
> path -- commands executed from JavaScript do not go through the
> normal shell startup, and they have no TM-variables available.

Thanks, that helped me get to the next step.  It turned out that even
with cmd="/usr/bin/who" I was getting an error on the getElementById
("result") line because I did not have the <div id="result></div> in
the right place!  I guess I should spend a little more time reading
up on dom and javascript.

Brad