[SVN] Bundle Repository

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Sun Dec 3 17:06:59 UTC 2006

On Dec 3, 2006, at 6:24 AM, Sebastian Graessl wrote:

> the xml is not thought to be readable or accessible by other apps
> just the GetBundle and the Repository.
> So XML is the easiest i think

If we are going to add descriptions to our bundles, I don't see at
all why we would not want those readable by other apps as well, or at
the very least readable by TM commands. If we use any property list
format, then this can be read in one line in Ruby, and in fact the
same line will read it whether it is old plist or xml plist or even
binary plist.

I really see no reason why you would not want to use plists. You are
asking us to write something in a format that is less easily
processed and will be different than everything else used in TM, so I
think you need to provide us with some very good justification for
this, or use property lists instead.

If you really need things to appear in the particular form you
outlined in your first email for your particular situation, then it
would be better to instead have a script that does the conversion
from one of the standard formats to yours. But I believe very
strongly that if we are adding descriptions to bundles we should do
it in a more versatile way than a custom xml file that serves only
one particular application.

Haris