[SVN] Javascript Punctuation Scopes

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Wed Aug 23 05:14:56 UTC 2006

On 23/8/2006, at 7:02, Chris Thomas wrote:

> [...] Note that the current top level string.* hierarchy should
> probably be placed under the proposed datatype hierarchy:
>
> 	inline-data.string.(double-quoted|whatever)

One slight inconvenience is that we may want to style data structures
with a faint change in background color, and that should apply to all
but strings -- where strings would have a changed foreground color.

So if we group them, we will see scope selectors like: ‘data -
data.string’. Though as string coloring is the dominant case, and can
still use a simple scope selector, this might not be a real concern.