[SVN] Foldings based on scopes

Mietek Bąk mietek at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 13:58:03 UTC 2006

Hello,

I'dm trying to devise a way to create a folding for Erlang
functions.  This is an example (not quite valid) function, called "foo":
<http://pastie.caboo.se/9696>

I don't see a way to match only the first line of the function as a
folding start marker -- every regexp which would match the head of
the initial function clause (line 1) would also match the heads of
all the other clauses (lines 3 and 7).

However, I already have a rather complicated set of rules that scopes
the function, the initial clause, and the other clauses -- needed for
the purposes of extracting the function name and adding it to the
symbol list.  Why isn't there a way to reuse the data gathered during
the scoping process to create foldings?

I propose an additional, optional boolean key for each begin/end rule
-- "hasFolding", or some such.

--
(desp)