[SVN] Selections in background windows

Mietek Bąk mietek at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 12:15:47 UTC 2006

Hello,

This is directed primarily at Allan, but maybe someone would want to
add some comments.

When a window ceases to be the front window, the color of the
selected block of text changes.  How is the resulting color
calculated?  The algorithm does not seem to give optimal results for
all themes:
<http://desp.night.pl/tmp/selection.png>

The background window selection looks good only in the IDLE theme.
In all the other themes pictured, including a black-on-white theme I
made (Glow Light), the background window selection color isn't very
good.

In my opinion, it would be much better to simply set the opacity of
the selection color to 50% in background windows.

--
(desp)