[SVN] Punctuation Scope

Michael Sheets mummer at whitefalls.org
Sat Aug 19 01:28:26 UTC 2006

>> There's been talk for a while now about making a new punctuation
>> 'root' scope for any/all punctuation that isn't specifically
>> something else (not an operator, etc) I've been working out the
>> scope list and have been passing it around on IRC, now it's time
>> to get feedback from the list
>
> For what purpose will these elements be referenced? Is this for
> parsing, for example? I think I'd be able to direct my comments
> better if I knew the intended usage.

It's mainly to give people something to scope punctuation as, right
now there isn't anything and people have been doing really odd
things. Some of the punctuation is keyword.* for instance. I think
the biggest uses of the scope will be snippets; having something
special happen when beside x for instance.