[SVN] Validated JavaScript & Prototype Bundles

Martin Ström martinstromlists at gmail.com
Sat Aug 12 00:06:49 UTC 2006

Hi

As beeing the last grammar not to validate I tried to fix the scopes for
"Prototype & Scriptaculous" bundle the other day. I have fixed the scopes to
be valid and also moved a lot of common JavaScript things to the JS bundle
instead. (the P+S grammar is now more or less just the classes and methods).
I haven't commit the changes yet because there are some thing I wanted to
check with you before doing my first commit :)

Thomas Aylott: I have fixed some scopes things in your Bracketed theme (this
was before the commit earlier today) and want you to check if it (and the
other changes as well such as the Symbol List prefs) works as intendend.

There are some difficulties with JS since there aren't any "real" classes
(just functions) and how these should be scoped (like classes or functions).
I choose to have some patterns to be scoped as classes (like the built-in
Prototype classes like Element, Position or Effect, as well as "MyClass" in
`MyClass.prototype` and some other cases). I don't know really what is the
correct solution for this but I thought it's better to get the bundles
cleaned and valid first and then we can think/change these scopes.

Anyway, here's the diff from my WC. Remember that my WC is dated before
Thomas Aylott's and Michael Sheets' commits the latest days.

Ciao
Martin

--
burnfield.com/martin