[SVN] r4545 (Subversion)

Torsten Becker torsten.becker at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 10:27:26 UTC 2006

On 8/4/06, Benoit Gagnon <b.gagnon at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have an great idea to improve the log output in textmate. Basically
> I want it to draw a distinctive, colored marker in at the "copy" point
> in the log. Would print something like "copied from < x > at this
> point". If you run svn log --stop-on-copy on a branch, the log will
> stop at the branch creation time. Without that argument, the log will
> continue all the way down to the initial revision.
>
> My idea of an implementation is something like this: do a svn log
> --stop-on-copy, save the number of the last revision outputted, then
> do another svn log starting there. Oh, and we could make it recursive.
> Say you branch from another branch, you'd get two markers in the log.
>
> So yeah, maybe I should wait until you clean it up a bit ?

Good idea, i am curious how this will get integrated into my workflow.
:)  I am BTW basicly done with the stuff in Log now.
I thought about rewriting everything to the xml output but because the
current version works pretty good and i think it would just be work
resulting in nothing other than work, i did not do it.
Just FYI, in line 185 is a basic Regex capturing the copy information
chris talked about, maybe this could be a starting point if you dont
want to rewrite the parser to xml. :>

--
Torsten