[SVN] TextMate 1.1 beta 11

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Sat May 28 00:00:26 UTC 2005

On May 27, 2005, at 17:11, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:

> Yeah, I looked at that file, but it is a bit lacking in
> explanations and examples :-)
> For instance, for \g, all it says is:
>>>   \g<name>    call by group name
>>>   \g<n>       call by group number (n >= 1)
> Based on that, I can't quite figure out why this "([^{}]+|[^{}]*\\{\
> \g<1>*\\}[^{}]*)" works. How do I know there should be a 1 there?

\g<1> refers to capture #1.

So if you do:
  (foo)(bar)(fud)\g<1>
That'd actually expand to:
  (foo)(bar)(fud)foo

This of course it not very useful, but if the reference was inside
the capture, you have a recursive expression, and thus can match
balanced brackets, e.g.:
  (b|a\g<1>c)
Well match:
  a, or abc, or aabcc etc. since between a and c, the entire pattern
is applied again.

> I guess My trouble is mostly I don't fully understand the structure
> of the syntax plist files, I was hoping there would be a document
> explaining that.

There is, check the TextMate help book.

> Is it supposed to handle
> \footnote{Notice that we replaced $E$ in front with $E(*D)$. This
> is intentional.}   ?

No