[SVN] LaTeX syntax coloring problem, new to b9 I think

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at math.uchicago.edu
Thu May 19 06:07:10 UTC 2005

On May 19, 2005, at 12:54 AM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> What about \foo[something]{arg}? Is this also legal (and thus should
> be matched)?

Yes, probably, it definitely occurs in my documents. The worst I've
seen is

\foo[bar][bz]{arg}    // in \citep,\citet
\foo{bar}[bz]{arg}    // when defining functions with \newcommand and
when 				// using \newtheorem
\foo{bar}{arg}[bz]    // when using \newtheorem again

also:

\newenvironment{nam}[args]{begdef}{enddef}

and then there is the picture environment, whose commands support
parentheses instead of brackets, e.g.:

\put(x coord,y coord){ ... }

http://www.emerson.emory.edu/services/latex/latex_toc.html  has a
pretty good summary of the command syntaxes, though I think the above
should cover most cases. Certainly all cases that I know of. :-)

Haris