[SVN] Bundle commit 472

Brad Miller bmiller at luther.edu
Mon Mar 14 20:59:06 UTC 2005

Hi Kumar,
No problem.

I know exactly what you are talking about with the sorting.
Personally, I don't think I'll use sorting, I kind keep a mental model
of the file in my head so I typically know what order my methods and
classes are defined in, seeing them sorted is actually harder for me.
I only took on the sorting project because Eric requested it and
hacking Python was more exiting to work on than writing my data
structures exam. :-)

I think I have an idea of how we could keep the the methods sorted with
the classes  and present the classes in alphabetical order.  Since the
data structures exam is ready to go, I should have some time tonight to
try a prototype.

Brad

On Mar 14, 2005, at 2:51 PM, Kumar McMillan wrote:

> Hey Brad -- thanks for adding the sort logic.  I shifted some things
> around came up with a separate SortableEntities interface.  see
> revision 480.  The only thing I couldn't figure out (since I am new to
> Python) is how to sort recursively through the groups of matched line
> parts.  For example, PHP functions should be sorted but kept grouped
> within their class (same goes for Python).  Take a look and let me
> know if you have some ideas.  I can send you PHP code examples, but
> running the Entity Nav on the entitynav.py file is a good way to see
> what I am talking about.

Brad Miller, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Computer Science
Luther College